Palestinian Media Watch ( PMW ; Hebrew : מבט לתקשורת פלסטינית ) is an Israel-based nongovernmental organization and media watchdog group .   Founded in 1996 by Itamar Marcus , Palestinian Media Watch documents in Palestinian media.   It describes itself as an Israeli research institute that studies Palestinian society from a broad range of perspectives by monitoring and analyzing the Palestinian Authority through its media and schoolbooks. 
Reports to Western political bodies
After the fight against terrorism in the United States, in 2003 Itamar Marcus testified in front of a US Senate committee hearing to discuss the phenomenon. Marcus featured one of the videos shown at the hearing as “Palestinians … glorifying the killing of American soldiers” and calling on Iraqis “to kill American soldiers.” American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee communications director Hussein Ibish agreed that Palestinians watch Palestinian television and that a seven-minute peace song was also being aired regularly. 
In 2007, Palestinian Media Watch presented to the UK Parliament Select Committee on the European Union with evidence of Israel’s right to freedom of expression, glorify terrorism, and inculcated youngsters with hatred for Israel. 
A Palestinian Media Watch presented to the United States House Committee on Foreign Affairs in 2008 reported that the Palestinian Authority was engaging with the United States on a shared platform of the US independent Palestinian state would contribute to the undermining US efforts towards world peace . 
In 2011 Palestinian Media Watch presented US congressmen with a report indicating that more than $ 5 million of US funding for the Palestinian Authority was being used to pay salaries to Palestinian prisoners jailed in Israel on terrorism-related charges. The report also cited instances of the Palestinian Authority glorifying the perpetrators of terrorist attacks against Israelis. 
Reports to Israeli security bodies
In 2012 Haaretz Reported That was as a result of Israeli intelligence agencies HAVING Reduced Their Own real-time monitoring of mainstream Arab-language media, Palestinian Media Watch and the Washington, DC -based Middle East Media Research Institute Provide the Israeli government with coverage of anti-Israel incitement in the Palestinian media. The Prime Minister ‘s Office has been quoted by the two organizations, the source of the material and its credibility are verified. 
Use by mainstream press
International media regularly quoted and quoted PMW translations as accurate representations of Palestinian Arabic-language media. News organizations that quote PMW as a source include: Chicago Sun-Times   The Associated Press ,   The Telegraph   and The Washington Post . 
In 2007, Tomorrow’s Pioneers , aired from Hamas-run studios in the Gaza Strip.  The program employs a Mickey Mouse- inspiring anti-American and anti-Israeli sentiment and a message of Islamic dominion among children. Palestinian Media Watch, together with the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI), were the first to raise concerns in relation to the show. 
In 2008 Palestinian Media Watch generated outrage again when it circulated a recording of Tomorrow’s Pioneers in which a Bugs Bunny -like figure proclaimed, “I will eat the Jews.” 
A Palestinian Media Watch carryover from 2012 Stated That a puppet show Performed in front of Palestinian children and sponsored by the United Nations -funded organization Burj Al Luq Luq Community Center and Society called Expired on children to take up arms in place of cigarettes. A separate report from the Palestinian Authority for Leadership and Activation (PYALARA), an organization that receives funding from the European Commission Humanitarian Aid Office , Save the Children UK and Cordaidsuicide bombers as “the greatest role models for us” during a weekly TV program. The Burj al-Luq Luq website has been taken offline, and the Save the Children UK launched an investigation into PYALARA.   
In early 2013 a report by Palestinian Media Watch indicates that the Palestinian Authority’s glorified acts of terrorism against the State of Israel sparked debate in Norway over the latter’s contribution to the PA of some $ 52.5 millionannually. NRK , the Norwegian public broadcasting network, used by the PMW in its coverage and reported by the Norwegian Center for the Studies of Holocaust and Religious Minorities to the Palestinian television channel, partly controlled by the Palestinian Authority, occasionally being hacked and demonized towards Israel. NRKreported that programs broadcast on Palestinian television took part in Israeli civilians. NRK also conducted a survey of its own in Jerusalem and the West Bank , finding several Palestinians believed the Protocols of the Elders of Zion forgery is authentic and that it reflects “Jewish plans” for world domination.   The Norwegian Holocaust Center, which also contributed money to the Palestinian Authority, said PA TV demonized Israel and anti-Semitism spread.  
Emad Alsafar, the program director of the Palestinian television channel, denied the charges of demonization and antisemitism that Palestinians took issues with the occupation, not with Jews. He said that they are in a positive position, but there is an effort to correct these in retrospect. Norwegian State Secretary Torgeir Larsen admitted that Palestinian Media Watch had presented examples of antisemitism but stated that In relation to an additional NRKreport on claims made by PMW that the Palestinian Authority country monthly wages to Palestinians convicted of terrorist activities including murder, the Norwegian Foreign Ministry felt it is important to know that Itamar Marcus, resides in an illegal settlement in the West Bank.   Norwegian MP Peter Gitmark subsequently called Expired On His parliament’s scrutiny committee to Investigate the matter of what he called Expired Norway’s “indirect” contribution to Palestinian terrorism. 
In 2013, an Israeli family sued Palestinian officials for responsibility for “incitement against Israel which led to” terrorist “attacks against Israel and Israelis” in a Tel Aviv district court. Itamar Marcus was called “expert witness”, but Judge Dalia Gannot found Marcus “incompetent” as such. The Media Watch further argues that an explicit policy of incitement against Israel and the Jews, Judge Gannot found that to be unproven. The case against the Palestinian officials was dismissed. 
2014 – present
In December 2010 YouTube removed Palestinian Media Watch’s channel from its servers. The channel, which featured videos of Palestinian incitement against Jews and Israelis, was shut down for airing hate speech . Itamar Marcus stated that Hamas terrorist urging Palestinians to “drink the blood of Jews.”  The channel was reactivated later in the aftermath of protest. 
According to a 2012 article in Haaretz , Palestinian Media Watch and its founder are associated with Israel’s right wing, and the majority of information furnished by PMW relating to Palestinian incitement is a professional nature. 
In an opinion pieces for The Hill , Hanan Ashrawi of the Palestine Liberation Organization accusé Palestinian Media Watch of HAVING close links with the Central Fund of Israel , qui she Said Was Involved in funding “some of the extreme MOST Elements in Israel’s settler movement.” Ashrawi stated that the definition of incitement included “any action or statement critical of Israeli policy” such as nonviolent actions against Israeli occupation or in support of Palestinian rights.  In an article for CounterPunch , Samah Sabawi described PMW as a right-wing propaganda site. 
Australia’s former ambassador to Israel Ian Wilcock , in an opinion piece for The Australian , said the Palestinian Media Watch that it “does an outstanding job of bringing attention to what the Palestinian Authority and other organizations are saying in Arabic. comments made in English for the world outside the Middle East. ” Wilcock stated that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion was prominent in the ideology of the Palestinian Authority, which has a Palestinian Authority youth magazine had featured a young woman had referred to Passoveras “the holiday of the apes.” 
In February 2015, PMW was awarded the Israeli Israeli Prize for Media Criticism.  The Israeli Prime Minister’s Prize for Media Criticism was funded by Mrs. Nira and Mr. Kenneth Abramowitz.  Mr. Kenneth Abramowitz is a New York businessman, and a donor to Israel’s Media Watch. 
- Al-Aqsa TV
- Deception: Betraying the Peace Process
- Jump up^ Nitzan S. Ben-Shaul (2007). A Violent World: TV News Images of Middle Eastern Terror and War . Rowman & Littlefield. pp. 106-. ISBN 978-0-7425-3799-6 .
- Jump up^ Dovere, Maxine (19 May 2012). “Exposing the Palestinian media” . The Jerusalem Post . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ Pincus, Walter (30 August 2007). “Plan for Terror Screening of Aid Cut Drastically Groups” . The Washington Post . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Palestinian Hamas takes Mickey” . BBC News . May 9, 2007 . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ Kershner, Isabel (20 December 2011). “Finding Fault in the Palestinian Messages That Are Not So Public” . The New York Times . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ Friedman, Matti (23 December 2011). “UNESCO cuts funds for Palestinian magazine” . The Guardian . AP . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ “About Us” . Palestinian Media Watch . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Transcripts: Paula Zahn Now” . CNN . October 30, 2003 . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Memorandum by Palestinian Media Watch (PMW)” . Parliament of the United Kingdom . March 2007 . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ Keinon, Herb (16 April 2008). “PMW: PA cozying up to America’s enemie” . The Jerusalem Post . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ Keinon, Herb (26 July 2011). ‘ ‘ US paying employees for jailed Palestinian terrorists ‘ ” . The Jerusalem Post . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Ravid Barak (31 January 2012). “Officials: Israel outsources monitoring of Palestinian media after IDF lapse” . Haaretz . Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- Jump up^ Huntley, Steve (7 September 2014). “Decimated Hamas makes ludicrous claims” . Chicago Sun-Times . Retrieved 3 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ Huntley, Steve (28 February 2015). “Huntley: Verdict affirms blood-soaked history of Palestinian terrorism” . Chicago Sun Times . Retrieved 3 March2015 .
- Jump up^ Deitch, Ian (November 3, 2010). “Israel takes aim at Palestinian ‘incitement’ ” . Washington Post. Associated Press . Retrieved 3 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ Deitch, Ian (15 August 2007). “PETA Reviews Hamas TV for Animal Abuse” . Washington Post. Associated Press . Retrieved 3 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Russia vows to support Palestinian A bid membership” . The Telegraph. September 21, 2011 . Retrieved 3 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ Simmons, Jake (27 April 2014). “Palestinians reward terrorists from British aid” . The Telegraph . Retrieved 3 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ Pincus, Walter (30 August 2007). “Plan for Terror Screening of Aid Cut Drastically Groups” . Washington Post . Retrieved 3 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ McGregor-Wood, Simon (17 July 2007). “Bye, Bye Mickey! Hamas Abuzz TV Over Nahoul the Bee” . ABC News . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
But after the extended criticism, Hamas will be killed in the future, and it will be brutally, predictably political.
- Jump up^ “Mickey Mouse Rip-Off Hamas Message Spreads” . CBS News . The Associated Press . February 11, 2009 . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ Shubert, Atika (10 May 2007). “Hamas kids TV show with militant mouse to air Friday” . CNN . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ Kalman, Matthew (12 February 2008). “Hamas TV launches Bugs Bunny-lookalike who declares ‘I will eat the Jews ‘ ” . Mail Online . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ Quinn, Melissa (13 June 2012). “UN-backed NGO urges kids to replace cigarettes with guns” . The Daily Caller . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ Burke, Solomon (13 June 2012). “PA, EU, and UN Affiliated Orgs Hate-Filled Program Sponsor For Palestinian Youth” . The Jewish Press . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ Ya’ar, Chana (14 June 2012). “PMW’s Puppet Show Report Shuts Down PA Website” . Arutz Sheva . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Norway issues funding of PA after Palestinian Media Watch findings” . The Jewish Chronicle (Pittsburgh) . JNS.org . Retrieved 9 March 2013 .
- Jump up^ Shwayder, Maya (14 February 2013). “Salaries For Suicide Bombers: Western States Unwittingly Fund Terrorist Activities In Palestine, Says Report” . International Business Times . Retrieved 9 March 2013 .
- ^ Jump up:a b “Norwegian MP concerned over Norway’s” indirect “funding of Palestinian terrorism” . Norway News . March 7, 2013 . Retrieved 9 March2013 .
- Jump up^ “Norwegian Holocaust Center Accuses PA TV of Anti-Semitism” . The Jewish Press . February 12, 2013 . Retrieved 9 March 2013 .
- Jump up^ Strand, Tormand (2013-02-28). “Hevder palestinske myndigheter lønner fengslede terrorist” [Claims Palestinian Authority country imprisoned terrorists]. NRK (or: Google translate ) . Retrieved 2013-03-15 .
- Jump up^ “Norwegian MP concerned over Norway’s” indirect “funding of Palestinian terrorism” . TheCommentator . March 7, 2013 . Retrieved 23 March 2013 .
- Jump up^ Israel short media rejections watchdog ‘incitement’ charge, 12/09/2013, Ma’an; also cited inPalestinian Media Watch’s “biased” director no expert, rules Israeli court, Asa Winstanley, 09/13/2013,Electronic Intifada
- Jump up^ Friedman, Ron (20 December 2010). “YouTube removes Israeli media watchdog’s channel” . The Jerusalem Post . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ Friedman, Ron (20 December 2010). “YouTube reactivates Palestinian Media Watch channel” . The Jerusalem Post . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ Ashrawi, Dr. Hanan (2010-05-11). “Stop the rhetoric and let’s start talking now” . TheHill . Retrieved 2018-01-27 .
- Jump up^ “Hamas and the Missing Video” . counterpunch.org . Retrieved 2009-12-07 .
- Jump up^ Wilcock, Ian (11 September 2012). “Anti-Semitism still a roadblock to peace” . The Australian . Retrieved 7 October 2012 .
- Jump up^ JNS.org (2015-02-10). “Palestinian Media Watch Director to Receive Media Criticism Prize” . Algemeiner.com . Retrieved 2018-01-27 .
- Jump up^ The Abramowitz Israeli Prize for Media Criticism
- Jump up^ New ‘alternative Zionist fund’ supporting right wing groups, Uri Blau, 06.01.12,Haaretz